Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I Choose To Live In Peace

Dear Friends,
We have finally kicked off the fall season of ministry.... Yes, I know that technically its still summer, but I run my fall season as Sept. thru Nov.....

As we head out for a busy time on the road I want to leave you with some powerful thoughts on Peace....

First of all, as believers we need to realize that God is not mad at us.. In Romans 5:1 it says this "“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:”
We have Peace with God and need to learn to walk in the Peace of God....

When you need peace, God promises to provide a peace that passes understanding. The best thing you can do when you are filled with anxiety and worry is to find a quiet place to pray, read Scripture, and listen to encouraging worship music. God wants you to have a life lived to the fullest and that includes being at peace!

Also, Its time to distance yourself from those who do not value the anointing of God on your life.... You still love them, Pray for them, help them when and if God gives the open door and you can, but walk consistently with those who build you up in your faith and calling.... Live as much a drama free life as you can in the presence of Jesus... Jesus is so beautiful... He Loves and values you..........

Here are just a few helpful verses on Peace:

2 Thessalonians 3:16 - Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord [be] with you all.

John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Isaiah 26:3 - Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Matthew 5:9 - Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Romans 12:18 - If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Matthew 10:34-36 - Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.   (Read More...)

1 Peter 3:11 - Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

Romans 15:13 - Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Hebrews 12:14 - Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Psalms 4:8 - I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Proverbs 12:20 - Deceit [is] in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellors of peace [is] joy.

Isaiah 12:2 - Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.

1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.


Make the quality decision today: I Choose To Live in Peace.... You don't have to be mad and offended to choose to walk with  those who appreciate what God is doing in your life and distance yourself from those who create drama and do not really believe in the vision God gave you... Just obey the Word... Pay them little attention except to pray for them. LIVE IN PEACE... Only you can make that choice for your life...

Because this life is all about JESUS you are free to live to please only JESUS and let others do, say, and think what they so desire.. God will send you people who care and who build you up..
No circumstance can steal Gods Peace in you either.. That can be very hard at times but God will give us His precious Grace that leads to His Peace.....

As for Me, I choose to Live in Peace... I choose to allow the circumstances of my life to be used by God for HIS Glory.. I choose to spend my time with the Lord and with those who value what He is doing in my life and ministry... I choose to decrease while Jesus increases in me.. I choose to Glorify God by living a joyful and peaceful, happy life.....
Philippians 4:7 refers to “the peace of God which transcends all understanding.” Most of Paul’s letters began with the words “Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.” Peace is a state of tranquility or quietness of spirit that transcends circumstances. The term peace is described in Scripture as a gift from God and congruent with His character (1 Thessalonians 5:23; Galatians 6:16; 1 Peter 1:2; Hebrews 13:20).

If God is peace, then to know God is to bask in His peace. The closer we draw to Him, the more of His peace we can enjoy (James 4:8). God gives us clear instructions about how to draw near to Him. Psalm 24:3–4 says, “Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god.” But Scripture is also clear that we cannot make ourselves clean enough or pure enough to earn the presence of the Lord (Romans 3:10, 23). So how do we draw near enough to experience His peace? Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid” (John 14:27). We come into the presence of the Lord through His Son (John 14:6). When we allow Jesus’ death and resurrection to purchase our forgiveness from God, we are counted as righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21). Our sins are forgiven because Jesus already paid the price for them. Only then can we have peace with God (Romans 4:5; 5:1; 1 John 4:10).


When we develop a lifestyle of making the Lord our refuge, we begin to live in the peace of God (Psalm 46:1; 62:8). Psalm 91:1 holds the secret to living in the peace of God: “He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.” That secret place in our hearts is where we go to meet with God. When we choose to live there and hide away under His shadow, staying in constant communion with Him, we can remain peaceful, even when circumstances may not be. When we learn to cry out to Him in times of trouble, we find that His peace really does pass all human understanding (Philippians 4:7).
Angie and I love you... see you soon.......   ( some attribution to Got Questions)

No comments:

Post a Comment